COVID-19 Information and Resources
The Alameda County Social Services Agency (ACSSA) continues to deliver services and keep customers connected with their benefits.
COVID-19 Program Updates and Resources
The Agency continues to provide essential services, including Adult and Aging Services, Children and Family Services, CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Assistance (GA), Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) and Medi-Cal. The use of telephone, mail, and online services is encouraged for those needing to apply for or renew benefits and services.
Limited In-Person Services to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
Alameda County Social Services Agency office lobbies continue to offer limited in-person services. Clients who are receiving or wish to apply for Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWORKs, RCA, CAPI, and/or GA may use available telephone, fax, mail, and online services. Phone interviews are being offered for all programs. Applications, renewals, documents, and reports can be submitted for most programs online at www.MyBenefitsCalWIN.org. You may also submit information by fax at 510-670-5095 or by mail at P.O. Box 12941, Oakland, CA 94604.
To find a list of application forms by program, click here: Application Forms With Links
In-person services include:
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card/ Benefits Identification Card (BIC) or check pick-up
- Homeless mail pick-up
- Application and renewal packets for all programs are available for pick-up
- Application and document drop-off
- Eligibility interviews, Social Worker meetings, and mental health assessments for clients who do not have access to a telephone or have other barriers that prevent them from using available remote service options
- Applications continue to be available at offices for all benefit programs, and community members may complete, sign and return documents during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.