Office of Policy, Strategy & Innovation
Provides fund development, legislative and budget analysis, and decision-making support resources for the Agency.
Who We Are
The Office of Policy, Strategy & Innovation (PSI) provides fund development, legislative and budget analysis, and decision-making support resources for the Social Services Agency.
Equitable and inclusive policies uplift the social and economic well-being of individuals, children, and families.
To build informed and responsive systems through strong partnerships that support a resilient Alameda County.
- Ensure the Agency is kept informed of legislative and policy developments and funding trends for the purposes of advocacy, planning, and decision-making.
- Introduce effective practices, processes, and new resources for program and policy innovations in response to community need.
- Identify State and federal priorities for the County's Federal & State Legislative Platform and align with our Vision 2026 10X Goals.
- Adopt official County position on bills and budget items related to human services.
- Be a resource for community partners by uplifting legislation, supporting legislation and budget requests, and contracting for services.
- Assists policymakers in understanding the implications of pending and adopted legislation and develops policy and program recommendations to best meet the needs of our local community, while leading strategic change management initiatives to elevate organizational capability.
- Provides oversight of all fund development activities for the Agency and the implementation of the Agency's strategic plan as it relates to fundraising and program development.
- Advocates on behalf of the Agency and supports the Agency's overall direction to promote the economic and social well-being of individuals, families, neighborhoods, and strengthen communities.